Rose Joneson Vargas is Currently Seeking to Hire a Senior Associate Attorney
RJV is seeking an experienced lawyer with a minimum of five years of experience to join us. We need a lawyer who has a demonstrated ability to handle the variety of legal work, including litigation, needed by small and mid-sized businesses. Requirements for the position are these:
- Impeccable integrity and a commitment to the best interest of clients
- Ability to work with people as a team member
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle a community business practice
- Litigation experience and competence
- Skills necessary to work with off island counsel on larger litigation projects
- Self-motivation and initiative
- Excitement and a minimum three-year commitment to live and practice law in American Samoa
- Excellent references
- Good standing membership in a US state bar association
- Able to meet monthly goal
We offer attractive compensation, depending on experience, skills and ability. Compensation is subject to negotiation. Benefits include allowances for housing, utilities, travel, gasoline and health care and participation in a qualified Retirement Plan.
It is not necessary to take a local bar examination to practice law in American Samoa; current US state bar membership in good standing and bona fide residence in American Samoa is sufficient to gain admission to the American Samoa Bar Association.
If you are interested please do not hesitate to contact us with an application letter and your current resume/cv. All inquiries and applications will be held in confidence.
Use the form below to submit your details.